Senior Network Engineer
Team player ready to join a growing company!
Design & Integration (DI), a leading audiovisual technology company in Baltimore, is looking for a Senior Network Engineer to join our team. The preferred candidate will perform engineering services from network design through implementation, maintenance of existing networks, including identification/correction of complex network issues. The preferred candidate must also be willing to cross train and learn AV system design and implementation.
Design & Integration, in business for over 24 years, with a proven track record of successful projects is experiencing phenomenal growth. This is the perfect time to join a winning team where you can have an immediate impact.
- Drive network engineering projects by participating in planning the architecture design and engineering.
- Perform site surveys, system installations, configuration management, maintenance, modernization, and sustainment of large enterprise networks.
- Maintain product and service quality by assisting in the development and documentation of technical standards. Including the creation of network documentation for all systems supporting the core network infrastructure including firewalls, routers, wireless controllers, and any other core networking device.
- Improve the network by monitoring protocol compatibility standards, developing and implementing network enhancements, using approved methods or procedures and making recommendations.
- Assist AV engineers with AV network designs that facilitate the use of required protocols and configurations.
Required Skills & Experience
- Prior working knowledge of ‘run and maintain’ core network environments including incident and problem management.
- Strong familiarity with TCP/IP and enterprise network protocols.
- Confident and clear communication with peers, clients and suppliers
- History of creating network documentation for customer projects using software, such as Visio, AutoCAD, BlueBeam, etc..
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, electrical engineering or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience (required)
- Industry and vendor-specific certifications and training (Cisco, Juniper, Alcatel-Lucent, HP/Aruba, Fortinet, Palo Alto, Ubiquiti, etc.) (preferred)
- CompTIA Network+ (preferred)
- CompTIA Security+ (preferred)
- Job Type: Full-time