Team player ready to support a growing company.
Here’s an exciting opportunity full of promise and growth for the right individual. That individual has relevant experience and a proven track record of accomplishment and loyalty. They understand the importance of sound financial health, growth, adaptation, and an aggressive market position. They don’t want a ride on a winning team; they want to lead a winning team.
YOU MUST PROVIDE A COVER LETTER THAT DEMONSTRATES YOUR UNDERSTANDING OF WHO WE ARE AND HOW YOU ARE THE RIGHT CANDIDATE FOR OUR NEEDS.
About Design & Integration
Design & Integration is an audio-visual communications integration company based in Baltimore, MD. Founded in 1996, our company has enjoyed twenty-four years of exceptional growth based on sound business fundamentals, technical acumen, lasting relationships, and solid performance. In addition to an impressive client list, we routinely work with the top tier commercial contractors in the Middle Atlantic region. We specialize in whole facility large commercial construction projects as an entry point to lasting end-user relationships. Our hallmarks are the art of our execution and the pride we display in our craft.
As a key member of the executive team, the Controller will report directly to the President, and should command the appropriate business acumen required of a fast paced and growing technology firm.
The Controller is responsible for monitoring and overseeing finance and administration. The Controller guides financial decisions by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures. The Controller protects assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls. The Controller serves as the head of the accounting department and is ultimately responsible for the greater team obligation.
- Developing and supporting the company’s strategic plans
- Communicating financial metrics to departmental and executive management
- Monitoring the financial performance of the company
- Compiling and analyzing financial reporting packages
- Developing and managing financial controls in accordance with the company’s procedures
- Protects assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls.
- Prepares monthly WIP reporting for analysis of job status and progress
- Providing leadership in revenue recognition and accounts receivable
- Providing oversight for expenditures and accounts payable departments
- Providing oversight for bid job costing and bonding requests
- Preparing monthly job costing reports
- Ensuring compliance and payment of federal, state and local taxes
- Keeping up-to-date on current HR trends
- Supervising the accounting staff
- Leading weekly accounting departmental meetings
Required Skills & Experience
- Five years of relevant industry experience
- Familiarity with QuickBooks
- Public Accounting and/or audit experience is preferred but not required
- Bachelor or Masters degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Management. The degree should be obtained from a well-recognized university.
- C.P.A. is preferred but not required