Control System Programmer
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Computer Science.
Design & Integration, a leading audiovisual technology company in Baltimore, is currently seeking a Control System Programmer with a strong desire for personal growth and reward.
- Control Systems Programming: Develop source code and touch panel files for systems control based on systems line diagrams and project scope of work.
- Engineering, Sales and Service support: Provide technical support in the design and functionality of systems control in the sales, engineering and service departments.
- Systems Testing: Assist both In-House and Field testing of systems with integrated control.
- User Guides: Develop control systems user guides for programmed systems.
- Control Systems Training: Train the end users of the system on the touch panel interface. This task is shared with Production Engineer.
- Product Development: Work to develop standardizations for touch panel interfaces and control code development to help streamline programming costs. Report/document any problematic products to sales and engineering.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of current and new technologies that company and related manufacturers offer (i.e. AMX, Crestron, Extron, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field.
- Ability to read and understand blue prints, wiring diagrams, and other AV and architectural drawings.
- Basic office and computer skills; proficiency in spelling, punctuation, grammar, and oral communication skills. Knowledgeable of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Planning and organizational skills. Ability to multitask and work on multiple projects concurrently.
- Thorough understanding of Audio/Visual Systems.
- Strong understanding of control systems programming from various manufactures.
- Understanding of different control methods and how to implement them.
- Expertise in troubleshooting and diagnosing malfunctioning systems.
- Ability to initiate and maintain positive working relationships with DI employees and other trades. Manage team members and interact with customers and project team members professionally.
- Must be self-motivated, detailed oriented, prideful in his/her work, and have a strong desire to succeed.
Design & Integration offers a comprehensive benefit package including a competitive salary, health, dental, and a generous retirement plan. Qualified candidates interested in joining a challenging, growth-oriented organization are encouraged to apply.